Discuss Inadequate Circulator Pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I think the max boiler setpoint temp on that boiler is 75C or maybe just 80C max?. Can you ensure that the pump is pumping away from the boiler and what is the power showing there, it looks like 13W? What is the boiler stat set to? there is a 28mm? copper elbow under the boiler stat, is that the vent?.

I think the max boiler setpoint temp on that boiler is 75C or maybe just 80C max?. Can you ensure that the pump is pumping away from the boiler and what is the power showing there, it looks like 13W? What is the boiler stat set to? there is a 28mm? copper elbow under the boiler stat, is that the vent?.

Yes pump is on outlet and arrow pointing away from boiler.

Not sure why the reading appeared so high yesterday. After upstairs running a few hours checked now and boiler outlet high 70s. yes open vent at top rear right.

Ps just thinking I did actually turn boiler stat down since last night!

20211215_234501.jpg20211215_234419.jpg20211215_234440.jpg

Thanks, that very high temp of 89C might cause the pump to cavitate and cause circulation problems, might try a SP of ~ 70C for tomorrow and see what the pump power is. Can you see what that power reading was above, looks like 13W to me.

Thanks, that very high temp of 89C might cause the pump to cavitate and cause circulation problems, might try a SP of ~ 70C for tomorrow and see what the pump power is. Can you see what that power reading was above, looks like 13W to me.

Thanks yes I was wondering the same thing last night and turned the temp down a little. Will turn down some more too to hit 70 as you suggest.

The wilo pump is still in there and I'll likely just put the Trident pump in next so can't see the pump power readings any more at the moment.

OK thanks again, can see tomorrow what the 70C does, if anything, you will soon know as the boiler dT will decrease if the pump is circulating more.

OK thanks again, can see tomorrow what the 70C does, if anything, you will soon know as the boiler dT will decrease if the pump is circulating more.

Thanks I did turn it down more this morning and ran for 1.5 hrs before I left for work on downstairs zone. Didn't appear to make a difference on the rads not heating decently. Indeed they felt cooler. But will be sure to test this with new pump also incase the boiler is actually boiling the water at high settings! Which it could well be too adding to problems.

Presume boiler only ran continuously for 20 minutes or so and then started cycling??.

Correct yes. I did get the olives etc this morning and DHL delivered new pump. So I'll fit it tonight when home from work, refill and properly time the boiler start up run time on GF zone. And see if the rads perform better. Fingers crossed!

Reply to Inadequate Circulator Pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock