Discuss Inadequate Circulator Pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Pretty good difference comparing pump to pump opening

20211216_185311.jpg

Note it will be brown / black this is normal

Here's mine, after 18 years, ready to be reinstalled when my smart pump packs up.

Attachments

• Salmson Impeller (18 years).jpg
    Salmson Impeller (18 years).jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Salmson Impeller Eye (18 years).JPG
    Salmson Impeller Eye (18 years).JPG
    8 KB · Views: 12
The impeller on JCs old (alpha/wilo) looks as if it has been in contact with something metallic as it seems a bit chewed up.

I tried to split the Grundfos but it was the motor coming apart! So didn't want to break it altogether.

From what I can see the old vane looks OK?

Attachments

• 20211216_195128.jpg
    20211216_195128.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 9
PS regards fitting new pump could the gate valves I have be considered a restriction?

20211216_194952.jpg

They narrow to 15mm or so at pump inlet. Maybe this is nothing to worry about but If there may be a better way of connecting it let me know.

No there all the same sorry to say you can pipe straight to the pump but then there’s no valves

Well the new pump appears to be working very well.

Boiler only on 20 mins and already can audibly hear the pipes clicking as they heat up in far room of house! Radiator that never heated is already heating up evenly.

Will let it fully warm up for next hour or so and see how it's doing but appears very promising 😀

Reply to Inadequate Circulator Pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock