Discuss Incoming water main hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is supply on a new meter? Get water board to remove the meter and fit a temp outlet straight off where the meter screws into. Do your check there with the water board present. That way you can rule out if its before or after the meter thats causing the problem. Just had the water board do the same but because of poor flow rate and it was down to their new taping not cutting fully into the main. And they checked this by removing the meter and screwing in a hydrant outside tap looking device. Think this is your best way to start. If fine I think you could have some gravity circulation taking place and may have a hot pipe close to main. Eliminate all heat sources and let go cold and see if you still have a problem.

Will be cool to find out what the outcome is - #Subscribed :D

Good luck

Do ye kno mark, ye might be right. Sometimes ye'd b picking yer brains and it's simple as that.

Love JC plumbs ideas , will also add , Intemittent ground fault dumping current into steel main ( only one still in tact) if neighbours have had their steel replaced / isolated !
Any neighbours on economy 7 ! (heavy electric users)

If that is the case take great care cutting any pipes - big electric shock risk
( Electric board should have detected it - but then we are all human )

If heat is from sun , check how hot Black Tarmac drive is !

Last edited:
Problem solved :50:
Thank you everyone for your replies and advice its nice to know that when help is needed that so many are willing to take the time to lend their thoughts on a problem.
Anyway the bit you are all interested in, the fault. After the visit from the electric board last week when they told me that their cables and equipment tested fine i was unconvinced. So I called them out again yesterday (at the risk of a heavy bill for a false call out again). This time a different team came, within 5 mins found water in their joint box on the pole, sending mains potential down the earth stay into the ground, along side the water main which carried it into the house and heating the water on the way. How bad were the first team to miss this !!
Anyway my little old lady customer now has cold water at the cold tap and water pipes at zero voltage.
Thanks again
nutler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Incoming water main hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock