Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss inhibitor lifetime in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have bottles upon bottles of inhibitors, leak sealers , system restorers etc in my shed, all no more that a year and a half old, what kind of shelve life do they have? I want to sell the lot to make room

They are all no good now.
They will have moliculised and need disposing of..

I offer a disposal service and can arrange to have them relieved from your care for free :)

They are all no good now.
I had two bottles of Sentinel X400 which I purchased in the 1990's. I didn't use them, so they came with me when I moved house in 2006.

Four years ago I thought about using them but was unsure if they were still OK, so I emailed Sentinel. I received a reply the next day saying that, provided the bottles were still sealed, they would be OK.

They went in a little later, when the mid position valve was changed, and stayed there until the boiler was changed a year later. The water which came out when the system was drained was as black as soot, but there was no sign of sludge in the rads, i.e cold areas at the bottom.

Your supposed to put it in the systems you install not keep it for home use !

When I used to work for a company that did a lot of warm front installs they always supplied 2 bottles of cleaner and 2 bottles of inhibitor so 1 of each went in the other 2 went in the shed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to inhibitor lifetime in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock