Discuss Is it air or hydrogen, when bleeding a rad? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi all, how do you test for hydrogen, when bleeding rads?
If I know the gas coming out of the rad is hydrogen for arguements sake when I bleed it, then I know internal corrosion, is taken place.
So I can eliminate, air being sucked in.

Thanks grey, will it be a bang or large reaction etc?:tounge_smile:

Hi phoenix, so corrosion takes place, only if air is being sucked in ?
Thanks.

MR, Dancin, yes I know you now, IM ASKIN?
Are we talkin stand back, with that naked flame?:tounge_smile:

Lol that tickled me.
Any test for that hydrogen ?
Without loosin my arm?:tounge_smile:

I hold a cup, upside down over the vent when I bleed. Shut the vent and insert a lighted match into the cup. If it goes pop it's hydrogen.

OK, thanks, I think I get it.
But a special ta, to those sensible replies.:tounge_smile:

IS this comedy at the palladium, by any chance?
Or a plumin forum?
I may be on the wrong channel? lol?:tounge_smile:

Grey cause I appreciate, you guys, thats why I post a lot.
A lot of you gave me zilch, except a joke?:tounge_smile:

Hydrogen has no smell. Now hydrogen sulphide is a different proposition.

... If I know the gas coming out of the rad is hydrogen for arguements sake when I bleed it, then I know internal corrosion, is taken place.

There will always be a corrosion process (small or large) taking place inside a central heating system.

Hydrogen has no smell. Now hydrogen sulphide is a different proposition.
Im no chemist but something in that corrosion smells, no idea what it is though.
Just like you can smell a treated system (or is that just me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it air or hydrogen, when bleeding a rad? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Would love some advice please: I had 4 radiators replaced in September as part of a kitchen refit. This included new copper piperwork behind the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Ive had to replace the pump isolator valves as they were leaking. All done and working but struggling to get air out. Rads are all good...
Replies
Views
Back