Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is it air or hydrogen, when bleeding a rad? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi all, how do you test for hydrogen, when bleeding rads?
If I know the gas coming out of the rad is hydrogen for arguements sake when I bleed it, then I know internal corrosion, is taken place.
So I can eliminate, air being sucked in.

Thanks grey, will it be a bang or large reaction etc?:tounge_smile:

Hi phoenix, so corrosion takes place, only if air is being sucked in ?
Thanks.

MR, Dancin, yes I know you now, IM ASKIN?
Are we talkin stand back, with that naked flame?:tounge_smile:

Lol that tickled me.
Any test for that hydrogen ?
Without loosin my arm?:tounge_smile:

I hold a cup, upside down over the vent when I bleed. Shut the vent and insert a lighted match into the cup. If it goes pop it's hydrogen.

OK, thanks, I think I get it.
But a special ta, to those sensible replies.:tounge_smile:

IS this comedy at the palladium, by any chance?
Or a plumin forum?
I may be on the wrong channel? lol?:tounge_smile:

Grey cause I appreciate, you guys, thats why I post a lot.
A lot of you gave me zilch, except a joke?:tounge_smile:

Hydrogen has no smell. Now hydrogen sulphide is a different proposition.

... If I know the gas coming out of the rad is hydrogen for arguements sake when I bleed it, then I know internal corrosion, is taken place.

There will always be a corrosion process (small or large) taking place inside a central heating system.

Hydrogen has no smell. Now hydrogen sulphide is a different proposition.
Im no chemist but something in that corrosion smells, no idea what it is though.
Just like you can smell a treated system (or is that just me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it air or hydrogen, when bleeding a rad? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock