Discuss Is it ok to use cable ties instead of a pipe clip on speedfit pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Brendan

I'm currently replumbing central heating using speedfit pipe. I've hit a trick corner to work in and space is very tight. Is it ok to use cable ties instead of a pipe clip on speedfit pipe?

No as the could snap

If pipe is insulated yes if no as could wear through

But plastic coated banding better

Sure you have more experience in speedfit pipe than me however is the pipe liable to move that much on central heating?

Expansion and contraction is really the only movement

These allow space for a second parallel pipe to run close to the first. Nail clips protrude a little where the nail inserts making space a little too tight.

Thanks for advice.

These allow space for a second parallel pipe to run close to the first. Nail clips protrude a little where the nail inserts making space a little too tight.

Thanks for advice.

Thanks for advice.

Stager the clips

Put one in then the second to the left or right so nails are inline

Stager the clips

Yep. Tried that. Still not enough space. With the p clips hopefully one pipe can overlap the p clip screw tab... hopefully. Thanks though

Stager the clips

Yep. Tried that. Still not enough space. With the p clips hopefully one pipe can overlap the p clip screw tab... hopefully. Thanks though

BTW - I'm guessing copper saddle clips are a no-no with plastic pipe? Or is this ok?

BTW - I'm guessing copper saddle clips are a no-no with plastic pipe? Or is this ok?

Definitely not okay! Just get it into your head - soft plastic pipe needs a clip it can slide on for expansion without wear. So no metal clips.
No wonder I don't use plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it ok to use cable ties instead of a pipe clip on speedfit pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Guys. This is a question on how to clip central heating pipes (Hep2 15, 22 and 28mm) when running 90 dgrees to metal web joists. How to do it...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system which I'm looking to replumb. Our house has had various extensions of heating system with newbuild...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock