Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is pvc pressure water pipe okay for outdoor use? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just put a second tap out in the garden and ran that 1/2" pressure water pvc to do it. Down from the first one, underground, up to the second.
The up and down runs exposed to the weather all the time.
Is that going to be alright or I should clad them or paint them or something, protect them?
I see pvc downpipes and such don't seem to need any protection.. and I see a bit of this small diameter here and there but not much of it...

I hope you used pressure pipe glue for the joins.
If not, keep a drawing of where the joins are.
Pressure pipe is ok for mains pressure, but the joins can be suspect

Reply to Is pvc pressure water pipe okay for outdoor use? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock