Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is their a reducer or tail avaliable for a 1" female radiator inlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlbreak

I'm trying to fit TRVs to some old rads. and the rad has a 1" female thread, rather than the standard sized fitting. Has anyone come accross this before (probably all of you!) and if so is there a 1" inch raidator tail I could use, or suitable chrome reducer avaliable.

I'm really new to plumbing and currently in my first year of my training, but you can't buy experience!!

Thanks so much for your help.

You will get nothing in chrome.
Use a 1" x 1/2" iron bush screwed into the radiator.

Yep! 1" male iron x 3/4" female. You could get it chromed of course but probably would be expensive.

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it.

I've got 15mm TRVs, so i'm assuming these will have to go back in favour of some with a 1/2" or 3/4"

Also, why wouldn't you use a brass fittting on the rad? Is that something to do with electolitic corrosion or simply price?

Your 15mm trv's will have 1/2" tails (the threaded part). You just need bushes to adapt to 1/2"

No you can use brass if you can get one. After all the valve is made of brass. It's just some Plumbers first reaction, to say iron bushes for an iron rad. A brass bush would probably be cheaper to get it chromed as well.
Brass is usually used as the neutral metal in a mixed metal system i.e copper to lead you should you use a brass fitting in between the two.
The iron heat exchangers could have brass bushes and of course nearly every radiator valve on any system is made of brass.

you should be able to get stainless for not too much cost , not quite chrome but prettier than screwed iron :eek:

are yyou sure it is 1" BSP female thread, it could be 3/4" BSP (when measure it will be 1" across)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is their a reducer or tail avaliable for a 1" female radiator inlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock