Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is this my HWC drain valve and where does it go? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I might need to part drain my HWC to fit a new Essex flange washer and I posted an earlier message thinking I did not have a drain valve , however I have noticed a valve connected to the cold supply which , if the cold supply is isolated , looks like it will drain the tank .Please check the images
If so , where is the water going to drain? The pipe just disappears downwards and I am wondering where the pipe is likely to go?
If this is a drain valve , do they normally do this?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220120_161901.jpg
    20220120_161901.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220120_161942.jpg
    20220120_161942.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220120_162036.jpg
    20220120_162036.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 13
Yes by the looks of it yes

Under the floor / outside or maybe to drain

Reply to Is this my HWC drain valve and where does it go? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock