Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss job pricing?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecorcoran83

someone has asked me to fit an outside tap for them does any 1 know how much i should charge them also a few people need WCs repairing does any1 have any idea of how much i should charge for this aswell as i am just starting out and unsure what to charge people​

Are you a qualified plumber or a handyman who fancies himself as a plumber?

It depends on what work you are doing. I would charge £40 - £50 for an outside tap and thats with a tap kit, like i said though the work on the wc depends on what you are doing, i take it you mean change the ball valve

no just finished my technical certificate level 2 and now doing level 3

It depends on what work you are doing. I would charge £40 - £50 for an outside tap and thats with a tap kit, like i said though the work on the wc depends on what you are doing, i take it you mean change the ball valve
replacing the syphon in both of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if its just private jobs, then charge enough for a couple of beers on a Friday night and treat it as experiance. Say £10 an hour?

Well if its just private jobs, then charge enough for a couple of beers on a Friday night and treat it as experiance. Say £10 an hour?

10 an hour for a plumber? no thanks! ha syphone shouldnt take you any longer than 30 mins if its a close couple, so i would be changing them for £5 a time :eek:

I find the hardest part about changing a siphon on a close couples cistern it getting the cistern off iff the wingnuts have rusted. I'd charge about a tenner an hour or so. keeping in mind you want something for doing it. even say £20 and you provide the material.

10 an hour for a plumber? no thanks! ha syphone shouldnt take you any longer than 30 mins if its a close couple, so i would be changing them for £5 a time :eek:
if your lucky!!!!!!
on a newish one yes.
try one thats been in 15years with rusted out wall screws and wing nuts thats an hour at least.
experience gives you an average time for this job and thats what you charge.+-

REDSAW34;48375. try one thats been in 15years with rusted out wall screws and wing nuts QUOTE said:
Yes ,especially if you have a little chappy,as in your aviator picture weeing up over them for a few years :D

if your lucky!!!!!!
on a newish one yes.
try one thats been in 15years with rusted out wall screws and wing nuts thats an hour at least.
experience gives you an average time for this job and thats what you charge.+-

well put i was going to say the same but adding the old plastic ball valve that the threads have give up on thats why i price for 3 things when i do these [and i seem to do a lot] fluid master twin pack from screwfix[fillvalve and flushvalve and of course a pan fixing kit,i dont bother with siphons any more just convert it!!!

I find the hardest part about changing a siphon on a close couples cistern it getting the cistern off iff the wingnuts have rusted. I'd charge about a tenner an hour or so. keeping in mind you want something for doing it. even say £20 and you provide the material.

£20 including materials? !!!!!
:rolleyes:

£75 plus materials, lets get real here.

Don't give a price before seeing the job! An outside tap may be required somewhere far from a cold feed and require a lot of piping up, or where the pipework at the rear is difficult to get at!

£20 including materials? !!!!!
:rolleyes:

£75 plus materials, lets get real here.

I was meaning the syphon, if you are just replacing the film washer i wouldnt to £75 but if i was replacing the whole syphon a little more than £20 then. Keeping in mind this guy is just starting out and looking for experience.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Are you for real?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Are you for real?

What fo you mean am I for real that's what he's sayin he should charge I am around 60 plus materials I didnt do 4 years for ****e money to do things on the cheap!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to job pricing?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock