Search the forum,

Discuss Jointing plastic strap boss to cast stack. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint 1979

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I know connecting plastic waste to cast soil pipe has been covered in other posts but my question (which I can't find an answer to) is this......

When connecting a plastic strap boss to cast, what would/do you use to seal the strap connector to the cast??

Also is there anything on the market like a Tank connector with a split washer and dense rubber sealing washer (like the Essex Flange) that can be used, with a spigot to connect 1 1/4" 1 1/2" waste?

I have fitted the Mcalpine pipe boss connector into plastic soil for condensate before but not sure if that fitting can be used on cast??

Thanks for any advice

Clint

Thanks goz666, that's what I used before on a plastic stack for condensate, I see screwfix do the mcalpine one which takes a 57mm hole instead of 22mm so will probably give that one a try.
Definitely worth adding some sealant of some sort as it's under the floor in a bathroom.....might even stick a couple of long cable ties round for belt and braces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jointing plastic strap boss to cast stack. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I’ve got a new section of stack fitted but when I fitted the strap boss I was too keen to test it and it now slightly leaks where it meets the stack. I was wondering whether it’s worth trying to get it off and have another go or just replace the full piece (about 2 metres ) If I did...
Replies
Views
G
Morning everyone. Got an issue with an internal soil stack boss strap failure. The boss strap had been sealed originally with silicon which has failed and caused a leak. The soil stack is accessible but it’s tight working area. Do I seal the boss strap with OB1, cross my fingers and hope it...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock