Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Just had combi boiler serviced and now i`m losing pressure fast in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had combi boiler serviced today 4pm pressure dropped half a bar in an hour i`m topping it up but keeps losing it, there was no problems whatsover before this.
Boiler is a Sabre which i beleive is a Vokera.
I can`t see any signs of water loss, what could they of done to it ?
Also they said couldnt give me a certificate as my gas meter has 2 anaconda pipes fitted, Is this true?
Thanks
Kev

I`ve tried but must be shut, will call in the morning.
Are they right about not giving me a certificate because of meter?

He should still have issued a certificate if he is gas safe, if it was a risk he should have given you a defect notice and taken appropriate action, as far as I am aware as long as the meter is secure dual anacondas are not an issue

Yeah I'd say call the engineer in the morning...

I serviced a boiler last week & topping up the pressure to 1.5 bar was enough to pop the expansion vessel!

Had combi boiler serviced today 4pm pressure dropped half a bar in an hour i`m topping it up but keeps losing it, there was no problems whatsover before this.
Boiler is a Sabre which i beleive is a Vokera.
I can`t see any signs of water loss, what could they of done to it ?
Also they said couldnt give me a certificate as my gas meter has 2 anaconda pipes fitted, Is this true?
Thanks
Kev

Had this exact issue the other day. If your meter is on a bracket then it's fine

Probably deflated expansion vessel via PRV , been unlucky on the refill maybe.
Unsure why never gave you a cert tho .

Pressure goes straight upto 1.5 quickly
The the link to the ad on wowcher says,

Get a full boiler service.
Plus a gas analysis and landlord's CP12 certification.
Valid for all domestic boilers.
Helps maintain the efficiency and economy of your boiler.
Friendly and experienced engineers.

So i`ve paid for a full service.

Meter is fixed safe and securely with bracket to the wall. Its a pre pay meter had a fault with it 2 years ago and was replaced by British Gas the engineer happily changed it over without any mention of it being a problem.

Meter is fixed safe and securely with bracket to the wall. Its a pre pay meter had a fault with it 2 years ago and was replaced by British Gas the engineer happily changed it over without any mention of it being a problem.

Then they don't know the regs. I didn't I hold my hands up but that's why I found out.

He worked on the boiler for about 10 mins max, took off the casing then unscrewed a panel on the front there was dust a few spiders and a bee in there he vacuumed the crap out with his vacuum didnt notice him do anything else, his mate asked me to show him the meter then he said cant give me a certificate because meter should only have one anaconda, i took there word for it as i didnt know.
Yeah i know the wowcher thing but i`d contacted other companies and got nowhere so went the wowcher route,yes you get what you pay for but they seem like a reputable company on the net atleast

He worked on the boiler for about 10 mins max, took off the casing then unscrewed a panel on the front there was dust a few spiders and a bee in there he vacuumed the crap out with his vacuum didnt notice him do anything else, his mate asked me to show him the meter then he said cant give me a certificate because meter should only have one anaconda, i took there word for it as i didnt know.
Yeah i know the wowcher thing but i`d contacted other companies and got nowhere so went the wowcher route,yes you get what you pay for but they seem like a reputable company on the net atleast

Did you check their gas safe ID?

Wow just 10 minutes!!

No i didnt check there ID i should of.
wowcher was ÂŁ35 yes sounds cheap but i use wowcher alot for deals hotels days out etc and do save lots of money so didnt see me having a problem

How long should they of been here for in your opinion, should they of took off components valves etc apart to test and clean etc ?
So they 100% should of given me a certificate?

No i didnt check there ID i should of.
wowcher was ÂŁ35 yes sounds cheap but i use wowcher alot for deals hotels days out etc and do save lots of money so didnt see me having a problem

Don't know the last time I was asked for mine, not many customers bother.

I take it Wowcher is like groupon, discounted rates to build customer base. These promotions are usually used by new businesses or franchise groups. If you have direct contact with the engineer you need to get him back to check he has not caused the issue and request documentation on visit completed.

If that's all they did it's unlikely they broke your boiler

yes wowcher is just like groupon,
I feel like what theyve done anyone could do, take a few screws out vacuum up the crap, adverts says theyll test carbon monoxide detector , i have one of these on top of the boiler they didnt test it.
They used a couple of screwdrivers then after they put the cover back on they had what looked like a large multimeter sitting below boiler it was making a clicking noise.

With today's deal, you'll get a full service from this well-established local business who will visit you in your home. It's valid for all domestic boilers and you'll have your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms checked as well as all electricals, earth loops and leaks. Completed with a gas analysis and landlord's CP12 certificate, rest assured this offer will see you through this winter and beyond!

"If that's all they did it's unlikely they broke your boiler"
I agree but the boiler has been perfect since the day it was fitted maybe 8 years ago, maybe top up 0.1 bar every few months thats it.

Optimized-20161116_231142.jpg

Pic of my Gas Meter
Does it justify a Certificate ?

There is nothing wrong with your meter.
The regs state only one flexible connection however when a meter is bracketed and securely fixed to the wall it is then acceptable to have 2 flexible connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just had combi boiler serviced and now i`m losing pressure fast in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock