Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Just replaced Mira event xs with a new one. - less pressure and heat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolfytom

As per the title - I changed nothing else and just replaced one with another.
To get the shower hot it has to be permanently pushed up to Max whereas before it was fine at 5 and the pressure is significantly lower.

I noticed the shower design had changed inside. Instead of a mixer bottle it now just has a tube.

I have noticed that the hot water flow through the bathroom sink appears to be a little bit stuttery and the shower sound suggests its having a similar problem.
Any ideas?

The taps were fitted when I fitted the original event xs about 8 yes ago. It lasted so well I bought another!
We never had a problem with pressure or temp until I fitted the new unit. I think the event does 16 a minute

Last edited by a moderator:
Debris in inlet filters or partially shut gate valve or restriction maybe?

Thanks gassafe and others
Are the big red taps the gate valves? If so they are completely open.
Debris? I'll check but the unit is brand new?
Where else might I find restrictions?

I have 15mm pipes feeding the shower - I've read that 22mm would be better but the olkd one always worked fine. I suspect that the new internal design has affected performance. The big bottle where the hot and cold got mixed is now just a narrow tube. What do you think?

Sounds like a great idea - how do I do that? Measure the water over a minute?
Mira have suggested I 'commission' following the instructions in manual.

There are 2 forms of commissioning . General and Max Temp. I didn't have to do latter with first unit. Just done it on new unit. Increased temp but that reduces pressure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just replaced Mira event xs with a new one. - less pressure and heat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
I have started fitting new radiators in my house. The lounge kitchen gets very cold in the winter and is a big room that has previously had an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock