Discuss Landlord cert gas safety check in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes but the GS register says:

The gas pipework in your rented property must also be kept in a safe condition. Installation pipework is not covered by the annual gas safety check, but both we and the HSE recommend that when you request a safety check, you ask your Gas Safe registered engineer to:

• Test for tightness on the whole gas system, including installation pipework
  • Visually examine the pipework (so far as is reasonably practicable)

So not mandatory but probably a really good idea and more than likely to cover your bum, if anything goes wrong in the future?
Yep I agree, and have had this argument on another forum, but they just state it’s not required. We do one as part of ours as we’re (company I work for) the landlord.

Yep I agree, and have had this argument on another forum, but they just state it’s not required. We do one as part of ours as we’re (company I work for) the landlord.
No arguments here, we are not sparkies.

I always do one on a cp12. It gives me peace of mind.

And I do it through my analyser and can add it to the form electronically (anton)

Takes an extra 5 mins

As far as i'm aware, been taught, and told by a Gas Safe Inspector a Gas test is a requirement of a Landlord Safety Check, when did that change?!

I always print them off too.

It’s always been recommended not a must

Reply to Landlord cert gas safety check in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Have any engineers on here purchased their gas certificate booklets from screwfix? Our landlord has been trying to evict us throughout the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock