Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Landlord gas safety certs in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all. Very new to this game after a 10 year hiatus. Any guidance would be much appreciated

Sorry if this may seem like a silly question:

when carrying out a gas safety cert in a property with a gas fire, do I need my HTR1 (which I dont have) to check integrity of the fire for the landlord cert
Or is it just a case of (****) checking flue/spillage, vents, gas rates, safety controls etc!!

whereas having the HTR1 cert, one is competent to then fix & install fires!

Slightly confused as to what I am legally allowed to check/not check
Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks Scott, yeah just seen a few posts detailing pretty much what I was asking..

I just was a bit muffled as there’s so much crossover testing between CCN1/CENWAT & HTR1/CKR1 (theory/practical) when completing ACS.

Thanks again

You have the core safety to spot potential issues, then each element to allow you to work on the specific appliance.
Its only a few hours, might aswell get the qualification

Reply to Landlord gas safety certs in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock