Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Landlords cert questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

just wanted a couple of answers please regarding landlord certs

1. Does a change in tenancy require a new certificate?
2. When test gas hibs, is flame picture, ffd and working pressure the normal things to check or do people gas rate

With ref to testing the hobs, mine are tested thus:

Flame pic, test safety device if present, gas rate, check knobs working correctly, check to make sure flame does not go out on low flame

Nah you don't need a new cert on a new tenancy as long as there's a current cert been issued within the last 12 month.

Yes I think you do, it's every 12 months and on change of tenancy.

Isn't it that an in date copy must be provided to a new tenant should tenancy change during the 12 month GSC period?

Not required for new tenant . But the tenant does need a copy of existing certificate.

bit like buying a 2nd hand car you wouldn't get a new MOT certificate if it already had a valid one

Nah you don't need a new cert on a new tenancy as long as there's a current cert been issued within the last 12 month.

Wrong wrong! You are required to have the installation inspected for and damage and to ensure that removal of appliances hasn't left the premises unsafe. This has to be documented also. Don't believe me call gas safe. To inspect it you may aswell do a cp12 and document it as it's going to last 12 months

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely on change of tenancy as well. I spoke to gas safe regarding this a couple of weeks ago for clarification. Just do a cp12 as you normally would, even if the current one is only a month old.

As far as I am aware, you need a new one for every change of tenancy, even if the last one is 3 weeks old

Never trust f-ing letting agents had this exact convo with one not a fortnight ago and they produced some hse documentation to the contrary. Will be on the phone in the morning

To be fair it's only their @rse on the line if they aren't asking for revised certs to be done. I only act on instruction I don't manage the properties

Never trust f-ing letting agents had this exact convo with one not a fortnight ago and they produced some hse documentation to the contrary. Will be on the phone in the morning

They are idiots I spent hours arguing with one and then just said oh well your the culpable one bye. Then reported them to HSE using web.

At least its money for old rope. Do cp12 again at least everythin should still be ok . Take there doe.....£80...

They really are idiots. Does your head in. I was so sure I was right. Can someone direct me to this info in the regs

How does this effect holiday lets then with potentially different people every week?

They are not regarded as Tennant and have no appliances and are unlikely to remove, the estate has a duty of care and should be doing a vacancy check for signs of damage and documenting it.

Is gas safe just covering its arse, by saying that cp12 needed every tennant change. The law only states that a landlord has one every 12 months??

Is gas safe just covering its arse, by saying that cp12 needed every tennant change. The law only states that a landlord has one every 12 months??
It would seem another contentious one

Wrong wrong! You are required to have the installation inspected for and damage and to ensure that removal of appliances hasn't left the premises unsafe. This has to be documented also. Don't believe me call gas safe. To inspect it you may aswell do a cp12 and document it as it's going to last 12 months

Ditto

The law does NOT require a new inspection report (CP12)
but it does require an inspection so it makes sence to have some paperwork to show that has been done and by the time the landlord has paid an engineer to attend he may as well pay for the full Gas Safe Inspection Report.

In support of what I said the old ACOP was clear. This has been replaced with info on HSE website:
Maintenance ? gas appliances and flues

between tenancies -
Before you relet a property after tenants have vacated it, you need to ensure that all appliances and flues are safe and have an up-to-date gas safety check record. A copy of this record needs to be given to tenants before moving in. If you suspect that an appliance could have been tampered with, or there is the possibility of vandalism while a property remains empty, HSE recommends you arrange for another gas safety check to be completed by a Gas Safe registered engineer before giving access to new tenants.When tenants vacate your premises, they may have removed appliances unsafely (eg leaving open-ended pipes, having shut off the emergency control valve), or left their own appliances in place. Landlords should clarify appliance ownership before reletting. Appropriate checks should be carried out and any unsafe equipment rectified or removed before a new tenancy begins.
HSE also recommends that installation pipework is inspected and tested for soundness before property is relet.
Landlords need to take account of any appliance left by a tenant (ie when a lease comes to an end) which the landlord decides to retain in the premises, ensuring that it is included in the annual checks and maintenance arrangements.
Regulation 36(2) requires ongoing maintenance check, eg before a new tenancy starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlords cert questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock