Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Im still chasing a landlord for £200 that he owes me for a boiler installation in August. His reasons for with-holding the moneys are as follows;

He wants - Gas Safe cert, boiler warranty card and a landlords gas safety cert.

Firstly the boiler was registered with Gas Safe on the 1st of Sep, landlord is claiming that no cert has been issued. I have contacted Gas Safe 3 times on his behalf and they have said he should have the cert by now and they have sent a second.

Secondly, the boiler has been registered with Intergas for the 5 year warranty. All I got from them was a confirmation e-mail which i forwarded to the LL and he has acknowledge receipt of this.

Thirdly, he didnt ask for a Landlord safety cert at the time of install. Of course i did a purge and relight on all appliances, checked them and recorded them on my paperwork. I dont think im obligated to issue a landlord cert to him.

Any thoughts on the situation. Im i right/wrong , am i reasonable

Happy Weekend

Chris

Sounds like a right tight arse this landlord just looking for an excuse to withhold payment.

I'd tell him he's got 7 days to pay after which an application to county court will be made for,
full the payment and also compensation & interest under the late payment of commercial debt act.

Tell him the boiler warranty is suspended untill full payment.

Massive guess here , could he be a foreign gentleman LOL . I will probably be banned now.

I'd be charging £2000 for a intergas install not £200 :)

This is why I stick to domestic plumbing and bathroom fitting cant be bothered with custards who only get you in to service etc when only legally obliged to do so and want it done for nunk..brum

get the notification sent to you!!
no llc required as new install
tell him you will cancell waranty and he can keep the £200 and will have to pay all repairs and servicing costs, that will get him thinking. dont let himtit u around

Like the suggestion of the paperwork being sent to you then it`s a meet to exchange papers - Simple and you`ve now got him by the short n curlies.

still got 3 at home, one of them since install 3 years ago..not called me once for service!!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock