Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Lead pipe please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyboy89

have a lead pipe coming into my back toilet it is not our supply of water so we cant turn it off. Its beemn cut off and is still leaking ive cramp it with plyers but isn't doing the trick. Anyone please advice thanks in advance

Years ago but has been causing damp problems all over walls. Its in a old wc back room in an old terraced house. It has about 3 inches left on it so is really hard to work on. I've turned water of internally but still coming through. The feed has been changed to mdpe pipe so im guessing its not on the main feed. Are there any plumbers in the chester area next week to have a look

Typically lead supplies to outhouses etc were joined in the supply underground before the house stopcock.
The only way to isolate is in the street, which in Terraces can isolate the whole terrace.

The Mdpe may not go all the way back to the street.

Hammer it shut then call a plumber if you arent one yourself

I'm on a water meter and situations like that are my dream, cut live get soaking wet bang a leadloc to an outside tap, Green green grass for free :) (just thinking outloud don't do that)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lead pipe please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock