Discuss Leaking Water Tank Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doomsnite

Hello

We have a condenser boiler downstairs with the water tank upstairs. We have water dripping constantly out of one of the pipes at a rate of a bucket full every 2 days. Before we call a plumber, I just wanted to see if there is something I could be tightening to make it stop but dont know what I am looking at!

The bigger picture shows the leaking pipe in relation to the rest of the pipework.
Tank Large.jpg
The smaller picture shows where the water is coming out in the red circle. The yellow circle shows where there is a square nut thing which could be tightened. its one of those you can use with a spanner or a special key. The blue circle shows the only other point on the pipe where I think it could be tightened with a spanner.
tank small.jpg
Which of these, if any, should I have a go out? Any help and advice appreciated! :smile5:

Thanks. Is there a way to shut the water off behind it somehow?

Also why would it suddenly loosen, we never touch it ?

This one of the best posts I have seen for ages - photos and well presented
simple straighforwards advice in return. Fittings just leak sometimes thats why
we are all in business I suppose. centralheatking

Why is that, what exactly is it for? It has never leaked in the 5yrs ive been here until now. Thanks all

Thanks. Is there a way to shut the water off behind it somehow?

Also why would it suddenly loosen, we never touch it ?

Do you see the valve bottom left with the red tag attached? Turn that off, open any hot tap till it stops running then close the hot tap. You should be able to nip it up and then control re-pressurising the system via the 'red tag' valve! If you're feeling brave you can even try removing the drain-off spindle and renewing the rubber washer on the inside ... Alas these are usually soldered without removing the rubber sealing washer which doesn't do them any good at all!

I'm assuming its an unvented cylinder judging by the stopcock, pressure reducing valve and tundish! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the above before I tried it. Just tightened it a half turn and seems to have done the trick, the constant drips have stopped. Have left the bucket under there for the day and will check later if anything else creeps out. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Water Tank Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock