Search the forum,

Discuss Legalities regarding thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amz

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and am seeking advice.
I am a landlord and have recently had a new vaillant ecotec fitted for my tenants. I really do not know much about plumbing at all but following the fitting I insured that I received a gas safe certificate.
One of my tenants has mentioned that it is now compulsory to fit a digital thermostat that is not attached to the boiler for it to be 'gas safe'. There is already a thermostat in the kitchen but it is not digital.
Can anybody shed some light on this situation and please advise me as to whether I must change the thermostat to a digital one as its not something I want to bother with if it's not necessary.
Much appreciated

It's mandatory to fit a room thermostat. Doesn't have to be digital.

Fitting a boiler interlock device such as room thermostat is a condition of part L of the building regulations as I understand it, not a condition of the safety requirements of the boiler - hence not under duristiction of Gas Safe.

In addition - some Vaillant boilers fitted with weather compensation devices do not need a room thermostat according to the manufacturers - so there is some over-lap between what is required by the manufacturer and what the regulations state.

Roomstat must be fitted and doesn 't have to be digital. Best practice is a programmable roomstat but lots of people have trouble understanding how to program them. Keep it simple in a rental property ( timeclock on boiler with basic roomstat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Legalities regarding thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock