Search the forum,

Discuss Little teaser for you all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Last job before my short break - a head in ya hands moment how many installation faults on this install ???, gas all in 22mm 28 kw boiler inset gas fire , and gas hob must be at least 18m of pipe so that number 1 ;) ;) kop

Attachments

• IMG_20190912_112922.jpg
    IMG_20190912_112922.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20190912_090931.jpg
    IMG_20190912_090931.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190912_090922.jpg
    IMG_20190912_090922.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
5-6 I think I find

Prv into the condense is a no no ! , bracketing on the flue is incorrect should be one on each joint on the flue , fall on the flue hmmm probably not enough, flue joints not screwed, tape on each joint ?? , Bracketing on the gas pipework is not to regs, no insulation on pipework, wiring is not great , mag filter is a leak waiting to happen, no need for speedfit in my view and would of fitted more bracketing just a poor effort . Kop

Come on Darren share your thoughts with us mate

OK, 1st photo.
1, Flue brackets incorrectly positioned. should be every 1m, at the joints & at the change of direction
2, Insufficient fall back to boiler on the flue. It should be 52mm / 1m.
3, Taped flue joints instead of S.S. self tappers to secure the joints.
4, Unsupported run of gas pipe in loft space. I cant see any brackets or clips on that photo.

Second Photo.
5, PRV pipework should be run in at least 15mm copper in it's entirety.
6, Condense pipe inadequate support and joined to PRV pipe. (possibly also not enough fall at skirting board level).
7, Internal Air break where condense / PRV pipe are connected to each other. As the condense pipe is actually part of the flue system this is AR.
8, Inadequate pipe support to all pipework.

Last Photo.
9, Damaged / kinked / trapped electric flex at the back of the PCB cover.
10, RF receiver unit too close to boiler and could pick up interference from the boiler + flex not clipped up properly.

11, and finally KOP has said the gas pipework is all in 22mm with a boiler, gas fire, Hob and approx 18m of pipe run so obviously incorrect gas pipe sizing.

Cant really judge if there is the min 5mm clearance at the side of the boiler to the wall so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt. And no insulation anywhere is it worth mentioning?

[EDIT] Just spotted #12 the flex in the loft very dodgy jointing of the electric flex with blue tape & no approved choc block or Junction Box.
[automerge]1568646382[/automerge]
@KOP - What where you doing there? I would AR the install & turned it off especially with the internal air break.

Last edited:

Reply to Little teaser for you all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock