Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Living in a OLD House in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in an old house in the Yorkshire dales, it is known as a typical dales house, as its one room wide and long over 40m.

The house has been extended over the years and the boiler moved and heating loops added. This is giving me problems as the boiler is now at one end of the house (first boiler was in the middle of the first part of the house).

I can’t get all the radiators to heat-up. It seems that one of the loops has no hot water going through it.

I can turn off the cold radiators and it has flow to both ends of the radiators (connecting pipe to vent plug and turning each end on in turn).

What can I do to get all the radiators to heat up?

Turn off the radiators that get heat and see if those that don't now heat up. If they do it's probably your pump and if they don't there's probably an obstruction or an air lock.

Reply to Living in a OLD House in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock