Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Living the dream in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Picked up a Fein multi tool the other day, what can I say other then how the hell did I manage without one before!!

only problem is the cost of the blades! Any tips to keep the cost down??

yeah they're fantastic aren't they!!!!!!!! few lads here they buy their blades on flea bay , mine came with 20 free blades so haven't had to buy any yet

Theres loads on eBay pal, I am on Saxons at the moment .
Cracking tool

Three cheap blades are the same price as one expensive one and will do the same amount of work tbh.

just when you hit metel or stone and feck the blade up you'll only cry one third of the amount while using the cheapys...

It's worth it's weight in gold even if you only use it to cut floor boards up neatly!
only slight issue is the noise!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried saxons from ebay and was gettin annoyed on how long they last .(mind u i put them through paces) Its the makita battery and 240v i use and recently i ordered fien blades Far superior and £15 per blade from any fien supplier

The fiens do long life blades aswell.

The oscillators are brilliant tools. I treated myself to an 18v makita bansaw for cutting flues . Same as oscillator just class.

Bosch make blades that will fit it. Axminster used to make blades for them that were cheap and brilliant but they have stopped now which is a shame something to do with the licence I believe but having said that the Bosch blades aren't much more.

whilst we are on fein has anyone played with their new 18v drill 4 speed feels a nice bit of kit plenty of power too bloody expensive though!!

I've got the makita. Nice long lead on it. It's great for neatly cutting the backs in cupboards

The only genuine blades worth buying are the diamond ones. We do lots of refurbishment work where cutting out old tiles is necessary. I bought 3 blades a couple of years a go and they all have lots of life in them. Bi - Metal, wood and plastic blades we use Saxton via eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Living the dream in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products. I'm doing...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock