Discuss Local isolation requirement for appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers all, just what I needed! To be clear, customer (landlord, who I work for direct), has no problem with things being done right, and he trusts me.

The agent claimed that I was making work for myself and there was no requirement to have isos, because his team refurbed the kitchens and I noted this on the CP12.

Now the landlord is getting me to rectify, and the agent will be paying me out of what he charged for the kitchen works, so he's unhappy at losing some of his profit...

Last edited by a moderator:
You have always had to fit an isolating valve to every appliance as far back as i can remember.
The usual agents knowing everything about feck all.

Btw test points before every appliance is coming to a screen near you soon

We have just recently replaced some electric ovens fitted under units, which are deeper than the old existing, and have to do serious modification to the hob pipe work to fit the new ovens,there was not enough room for the pipes to run at the back of the ovens, there were drawer units either side with deep drawers, so no valves could be fitted.

iso valves in/ under plinth of cupboard most suitable or another smaller oven should be fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Local isolation requirement for appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock