Search the forum,

Discuss Logic plus roof terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I need to fit a boiler in a pitched roof house extension which I have not done before. As it is pitched I might need an extra length of pipe. Is it the same extension piece for ordinary flue as a roof terminal? And as the joint might be in the void from ceiling to tiles, I guess I need to cut in an access hatch?

Yes it's the same flue as horizontal extension.
yes you will need an access as you will need to clamp the flue and screw the joint

i usually try to fit flue then match boiler to it often difficult to get straight through ceiling joist and rafters often easier to put 45s in to allow movement

Yeah allow 45s on the flue for joists etc right where you want to go. Obviously you will need access to the roof void to install the flue

When I meant an access I was meaning as a flue in the void. I have a roofer taking the slates off so I can access The joint and clip from there

If you have access to work on it you'll have access to inspect it also don't forget co detector

this co detector do I need to put in the void and link it to the boiler to cut it off if it ever goes off

Or do I just need to put in a normal co alarm in the void as well as access panel

Also, when you buy the terminal kit, is it a 1 metre flue and then the roof terminal bit? Sorry for the daft questions but not fitted one on my own before

If you've got inspection hatches and can inspect the whole flue, I don't think you have to have a CO alarm.

You've got the terminal that goes above the roof and then the flue which goes in the roof space, which you can cut, join on to, etc.

If you've got inspection hatches and can inspect the whole flue, I don't think you have to have a CO alarm.

You've got the terminal that goes above the roof and then the flue which goes in the roof space, which you can cut, join on to, etc.

I thought that since the updated version of tb008 in 2013 it was not enough to only have inspection hatches?

Also, do you know where to buy inspection hatches

No, inspection hatches are the preferred method.

But if that is not possible, they allow you to use the CO alarms.

I can't help you with the inspection hatches, I've always had the joiner do them.

No, inspection hatches are the preferred method.

But if that is not possible, they allow you to use the CO alarms.

I can't help you with the inspection hatches, I've always had the joiner do them.

Cheers anz. Much appreciated

Afternoon chaps. Just wondering if anyone on here is close to Croydon and wants a days work on Saturday helping out on the above install. So basically helping me put in a vertical Flue in a pitched roof extension. It will most probably need a join in the void and so an access panel putting in. As I have never done this I would like help on the job. I have a roofer coming so the roof work involved.

Cheers chaps

if you know a chippy ask him/her to fit a access pannel/ loft hatch.

if you know a chippy ask him/her to fit a access pannel/ loft hatch.

I thought it was good to just fit a access panel 300×300. do I need a loft hatch? There is hardly any space up there. About 3/4 of a metre I guess

When installing a roof terminal, do you buy the slate from the manufacturer or one from a builders yard

The ideal vertical kit comes with a lead flashing / collar for the roof penetration

The ideal vertical kit comes with a lead flashing / collar for the roof penetration

I just bought it all from Williams and co and there was no kit. Had to buy it all separately. Do you get a metre of flue plus the terminal then

I see anz has said it comes with a length of flue. Shame as I ordered 2 extra lengths

2015-03-05 17.34.17.jpg

Can someone explain to me how this cutting measurement works? So I have a flue that is too long, where do I take the measurements from to cut? Sorry if I am being dumb. I just can't make sense of it

View attachment 21096

Can someone explain to me how this cutting measurement works? So I have a flue that is too long, where do I take the measurements from to cut? Sorry if I am being dumb. I just can't make sense of it

Ah ha, I think I have got it now. This means if I want to slot a piece in to the middle where the X is marked. Am I correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic plus roof terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock