Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss looking for a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brackenlodge

Can anyone help? I have a 30 yr old Seamaster 30 motor cruiser and the shower mixer unit in the head has a 1" threaded male hose outlet which was connected to a standard 3/4" shower hose via a chromed brass reducer. The reducer has corroded and disintegrated and I have found it impossible to find a replacement as all the reducers I've come across so far are 3/4" to 1/2". A friend suggested replacing the mixer tap with a more modern fitting but that would be very difficult to replace because the pipe connections are out of reach and a gas fridge/floor/holding tank would all have to be removed and reinstated so tha would be a last resort. Does anyone know where I could find a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer? - It doesn't matter whether its chrome/brass/white as long as I get something. Tom

Most towns have a trade plumbers merchants which is the oldest and most established one there. They usually have a treasure trove of oddments. The one in my town would have one of those I bet. Have a ring around.

toolstation item 42593 1" to 3/4" brass bush 92p plus delivery.

Thanks Guys, tried oldest local plumbers merchants and toolstation don't have it in stock. I've sent enquiries to a few other online plumbing suppliers and awaiting replies - any other suggestions out there. Tom

How about trying somewhere like BSS, because its a bit bigger than a normal bush (slightly more commercial in size) they might stock something.

I think you might be looking for a yorkshire YP70 fitting from what you described. Most plumbers merchants should have one of these i'd have thought (eg PTS, Plumb Center)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock