Discuss Looking for a Plumber for an ELECTRIC Water Heater - Economy 7 - Liverpool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gemwills

Hi,

I am looking for a plumber in Liverpool. Woolton area. I have just moved into a property with an ELECTRIC Water Heater - economy 7 and it isn't working. I need someone tomorrow morning if at all possible. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Gemma

The top element should function on boost... If the controller is set up correctly!

I'm not sure what shelf your on about, but the elements have the cables going to them... The silver caps are covering the electrics!

Could you fold down the programmer cover & take a pic as there are different options to be able to control the manual boost according to the manual!

No I have not had any water since moving in two days ago.

I took the covers off and 'reset' both. I had a pin and it just seemed to push the whole white plastic bit back. I turned it all off by the fuse box before doing so.

I have pressed 'boost' but again, no noise, no sign of life. I have always had central heating and you can hear it firing up. Do these boilers fo that? Here are some pics of them when the covers were off.

This was the top one:
Top one.JPG

Bottom one:
Bottom one.JPG

I pushed them both in....

The wiring on one of those elements looks completely burnt through so that could be the problem. Best to call someone...

Sorry for the slow reply, was just having a nice hot shower ;)

Another idea...today, the toilet decided that every time I flush it, it screams and rattles for about three minutes. After doing some research I think it is some kind of air blockage...do you think this may have something to do with it?

Another idea...today, the toilet decided that every time I flush it, it screams and rattles for about three minutes. After doing some research I think it is some kind of air blockage...do you think this may have something to do with it?

It's unlikely to be related... Ask the plumber to look at that too! Sounds like a new fill valve is needed.

The wiring on one of those elements looks completely burnt through so that could be the problem. Best to call someone...

Sorry for the slow reply, was just having a nice hot shower ;)

Awwww mannnnn! I am so jealous! Yes I noticed that too! At least this way, I will save money on the plumber having to diagnose the issue as it looks like we have done it for them! :)))

It's unlikely to be related... Ask the plumber to look at that too! Sounds like a new fill valve is needed.

Great, thanks, it's good to have the right language to use. There is a link under the kitchen sink too! I will be keeping them busy! :)

Quick question...do you think it's safe for me to leave the water heater on all night to see if it does need more time? I don't want to use it, if it isn't safe, or waste electricity.

Thanks!

If its not warm already or making a noise then you may aswell leave it off to be on the safe side, as you would have warm water already if it was working!

The economy 7 might still kick in, but it seems unlikely :/

Still no luck getting anyone out to me. Any idea what this is...it has an arrow to turn it?!?

image.jpg

It's on this part

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a Plumber for an ELECTRIC Water Heater - Economy 7 - Liverpool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock