Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Looking for some advice on where to get this part. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

finglas

Hi folks my sink was leaking and I've basically got no idea what was up with it but someone took this part off and told me it was this cause the rubber gaskets/washers are gunned. So anyway I'm wondering what I am looking to buy here to replace this part, I'm not even sure what it's called, think it's a drain basin waste or something??

Would really appreciate any help, been without a sink for a few days now.

Please and thanks everyone,

Jamie

Attachments

• 20161011_145016.jpg
    20161011_145016.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20161011_145027.jpg
    20161011_145027.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20161011_145058.jpg
    20161011_145058.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 33
sorry no, they arent sure and iv basically been tasked with trying to find a new part. So i was hoping you could give me some advice. Are there standard sizes etc what to look for ?

I had seen a spring mechanism basin waste and thought it might do. Won't let me link because im a new poster i think.
i understand the spring might not connect to the wee turning mechanism that releases the plug but i could just accept that is defunct and use that click one ?

please and thanks again,

jamie

If it is a kitchen sink then I will go so far as to say any standard kitchen sink waste strainer should fit? If it is some all singing all dancing pop-up waste then we might need some additional pictures of how it went together

thanks riley, its not a fancy pop up one or anything so hopefully any other kitchen sink one should fit.

appreciate the help,

jamie

thanks riley, its not a fancy pop up one or anything so hopefully any other kitchen sink one should fit.

appreciate the help,

jamie

Looks to me like that cable fits in the side of the plastic housing (photo 2). You sure you don`t have a button on the sink to press and then the water goes?

Don't take it off somebody's sink they will get grumpy!!! Go to a merchant or shed ask for a basket strainer waste.

Thanks very much everyone for taking the time to get back to me. Hopefully I can solve the issue now appreciate you giving me the advice

Jamie

Thanks very much everyone for taking the time to get back to me. Hopefully I can solve the issue now appreciate you giving me the advice

Jamie

Did you click on the links I posted for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for some advice on where to get this part. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock