Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss low flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

still learning

hi guys, ok, heres the deal.. im about to start work on .large 4 bed property, will have main bath with mixer shower and two en suite with electric shower plus full 15 rad heating system... had ss water out and only getting 18 litres a min on street so a new main wont help with the 16 litres a min I now get inside property... ok, q is... what heating /water system is going to be best (bearing in mind the max 18 lpm flow. any ideas welcome

The best one will be a properly specified one. I would advise sitting down (over a pint) with your gaffer and have him talk through the options. There are a many ways to skin this cat and you'll learn a lot more face to face.

Have you done any of this at college?

hello and thanks for that, my name obviously fooled you, im a gas safe guy with 15 yrs trading alone..but,,, still learning:wink5:. im just after ideas whether a 15 lpm combi ?? megaflow probably not as flow crap or maybe accumulator type system???

most reliable for u would be tank in roof and heat only boiler if low pressure/flow rate and pump if needed. old ways often the best. Or if they want some lateral thinking a 30m water tower in the garden and you can use any system u like :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless there is an overwhelming need to get rid of the storage tank, stick with tank fed low pressure system, and pump any part that you need to (like maybe the showers). Nothing much to gain from changing it, and plenty to lose.

as an after note how on earth do you think a 15lpm combi can feed 3 bathrooms!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to low flow rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock