Discuss macerator blow back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kflood

Hi I got a new toilet and shower last year down stairs we had to get a macerator for toilet only.
when you flush toilet ( one out of ten flushes approximately) force water to blow up out of the sink plug hole
somtimes hits the ceiling so it's has a bit of pressure behind it. I don't think it's toilet water
but it give me a fright everytime and is embarrassing if it happens to visitors.
My question is can I get a one way valve under my sink fitted?
or is there another way to sort it?

A non-return valve will cure your problem but the root cause will continue to shorten the life span of the macerator pump slightly.

Somewhere in the pipe run to the drains is a problem which needs to be addressed.

PS. Welcome to the forums.

You could fit a waterless trap like the HepvO Hepvo Waterless Valve. The way the internals work it will act as a non-return valve on the basin waste.

If anyone can think of why this is a bad idea then please say so!

You are right, the waste from the macerator must be plumbed incorrectly into the same pipe run the basin uses I guess. It should have it's own pipe run, usually up and over to a boss on a stack I take it?

Bunging in a waterless trap to prevent discharge out the basin is a gash way to remedy the situation. I didn't have my plumbing hat on yesterday.

The main point to me was that it was ok for 1yr and the blow back to the basin indicates there is pressure in the pipe now that only shows around 1:10 flushes :)confused:)

Ideally using a macerator which the basin waste could be connected to will mean this can`t happen but you can join the two pipes as long as the swept T joins from above and is far enough away from the pump. I often have to fit the non-return but usually on a bath or shower waste but have never fitted one on a basin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to macerator blow back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock