Discuss macerator causing problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

connaught

Hi hope someone can help,
Recently fitted a new macerator as last one died after tap being left on all weekend, same model saniflo. just noticed that when flushing it creates sufficient pressure to cause water to flood out of top of washing machine discharge pipe via the trap as though it back flushes my wates under the sink. it never used to do this. any ideas to solve this?
cheers

Well if the washing machine outlet also goes into the macerator also then the non return valve/arm inside unit is stuck open maybe by waste pipework pushed to far into unit or maybe not fitted correctly thus inlet staying open when pump activated and it will pump out unit outlet and up washing machine inlet pipework also

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the macerator connected? It should connect straight into the soil stack.

Mike

How is the macerator connected? It should connect straight into the soil stack.

Mike

Hi Mike

Was going to go down that route but as same unit fitted as a replacement and all ok before persumed that sink was not plumbed into macerator outlet but all is possible,obviously if this is the case the waste from the sink should be correctly run asap as not only back filling problem but also major health risk

Hi, no the macerator and washing machine are both seperately plumbed into soil pipe but are on opposite sides of the pipe, im thinking there perhaps is enough pressure to pump straight across soil pipe and up outlet of washing machine,

That sounds like your problem. You've 2 options, move one of the connections or replace the trap on the WM pipe with a HepVo valve and running adaptor.

Mike

so the hepvo is is basically a non return valve used in this application?

If there is enough pressure now, to back up the waste pipework opposite then when Hepvo valve fitted in this instance, same thing could happen if the macerator discharges the same time as the washing machine or sink, as pressure from waste water from macerator could in effect cause a temporary restriction /blockage in sink waste pipework, even closing Hepvo valve, thus water from sink/washing machine will then back up and spill out as is now happening,only instead of macerator waste you get sink/washing machine waste water
Best bet long term and good practice to stagger pipework entering soil pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to macerator causing problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've been experiencing water hammer within the house for a couple of months now, which rattles the pipes whenever turning off a tap or an...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, My kitchen sink waste pipes, which also take the drain hoses from the washing machine and the dishwasher (see attached photo) are...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys Just wanted to get your opinion. We have a Saniflo "Sanivite 3" under the kitchen sink which serves the kitchen sink and dishwasher which...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I would really appreciate some help/advise with aboiler problem I am having. I have a valiant eco tec combi boiler and have noticed...
Replies
Views
brooklyn07
B
H
My sink is draining slowly. My washing machine is pumping water up into the sink and overflowing it. I believe this is caused by drain...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock