Discuss Magnaclean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

Hi,
Has anybody had any experience on the Magnaclean? do they work?

Thanks

Lenny

Hi,

Thanks

Lenny

Lovely bit of kit :)
Remember if fitted to old system may require cleaning out a few times over short period,to get rid of any large build up around magnet

fitted many great .........but have had a few leak and one even popped off 4 days after fitting

they do leak around isolation valves...but also do work, was asked by lady around the corner to clean hers after new boiler fit, lots of crd at first but did slow down to almost nowt....

getting one of these, available 1 Dec Total Filter TF1 for my own new boiler that will be lvie by the end of the week...

they do leak around isolation valves...but also do work, was asked by lady around the corner to clean hers after new boiler fit, lots of crd at first but did slow down to almost nowt....

getting one of these, available 1 Dec Total Filter TF1 for my own new boiler that will be live by the end of the week...

TF1 fFitted to new system last week and new system commissioned and running today. Just a few points to consider when fitting. You can only fit at Horizontal or vertical but not diagonally or anywhere in between. You need to leave a gap (think it was 110mm off the top of my head but will need to check) above TF1 to remove magnet stick so space is an important factor to consider. Easier to fit when main body removed but you can fit it complete, just a bit awkward. Couple of cleaning option, quick and full. Quick one is basically a drain down out of the bottom and full,remove stick similar to magnaclean. Dosing point for fernox f range but could also be used dose other chemical concentates after draining.

Will clean tomorrow if got time and see if "hydroclonic" function works.

But so far, Good points, Isolating valves big and solid no leaks or problems with it so far......

Will report back in a few days.

Fitted two of the Magnaclean Twintech filters to two systems in the village last month. Definitely worth the extra ÂŁ20 above the original magnaclean. Has a clear bowl so you can monitor how fouled up it gets, and it also filters out non-magnetic particles and the brown gunk. I always to the cleaning in front of the customer so he can see how much gunk is in it each time.

In my opinion, I don't like the Boiler Buddy as it's a right pain to clean out.

Last edited:
Hi,

If a picture paints a thousand words?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yes I have one at home and yes I always do my best to get custards to have one but some people are not evolved enough in the food chain to recognise common sense advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread jogged my memory and I called in to a customer and emptied the magnaclean twintech to find what looked like hair in it. Sure enough there was a dead mouse in the F&E tank!!

They are worth every penny. We get installers retro fitting heat pumps and regardless of what you tell them, they never, ever flush the existing system. So we now ask them to fit these on the return.

Even though our plate heat exchangers are huge, these babies really save us some grief.

"Yeah, I did flush it, Honest"

Yes I have one at home and yes I always do my best to get custards to have one but some people are not evolved enough in the food chain to recognise common sense advise.

I now carry one in the van,find I can sell them better if I have one to show and can fit it then and there ,rather than arranging return visit
Thanks for pictures ,Will print off and show customers to help sale :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock