Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Magnacleanse versus powerflush machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taffman

Hello guys,
looking to get a powerflush machine, however, have seen the new magnacleanse power flush kit.
has any one tried the magnacleanse and can you use it on an open vented system.
thanks in advance,
Taff

Hello Lame,
The magnacleanse flushing system is apparently an alternative to traditional power flushing.
Taff

it wont do the job on its own, as you need a big pump and decent flow rate to push the muck out of the rads. After all the muck has settled in the rads with the pump the magna cleanse is expecting you to push it out into its magnets, think about it!

Depends what for. Replacement boiler, no circ problems or cold spots etc, magnacleanse is quicker and easier. Many won't bother at all.

Anything above and beyond that go for a powerflush machine and yes preferably in conjunction with a magnetic filter but not a necessity,just saves time and less water waste

I've owned a magnacleanse, twice actually, they're good for a clean out for most systems, think more along the lines of black water out of rad bleeds so could do with a clean, rather than heat exchangers kettling, overheating, cold spots, pumps failing etc, that's powerflush territory

Great for boiler swaps especially one for one combi swaps

Cheers guys, I will think a bit more; however, I am thinking more along the lines of maintenance, new installs, etc. so maybe the magnacleanse is what I am looking for!

You need a flush machine too.
Anyone who believes a magnaclean will miraculously clean a system with doing little else is dreaming imho.

And its not for the want of trying

Agree with others. The manga cleanse is not a replacement for a power flush. It's ok on its own for slightly contaminated systems before a boiler change. Some engineers charge customers for a power flush and just stick one of these on for a few hours. It lacks the flow rate and non magnetic cleaning of a machine.

I have the fernox mk2 which is a good bit of kit if not a tad big for my little van lol, I have got a magnacleanse that I use with it, the black mess in solid form is more impressive to customers than looking at black water! So as above both are preferable imo but if pushed I would rather have a powerflush machine over magnacleanse on its own!

I've Got 3 kamco machines that get a lot of use. The first one has something wrong with it and is really loud now so doesn't really get used. That happened after probably around 15 months.
we use them with the kamco magnet attachment that works well.
also have the magnacleanse but that never gets used anymore. You won't get as good results because it relies on the system pump although it is easier to use and less labour intensive.
the problem comes when you have blockages etc. then you will have to rent a pf machine because the magnacleanse won't do that. If you are doing boiler changes the magnacleanse will save a lot of time over pf machine

bought mine off ebay, I went to the west midlands to pick it up. I only bought it as its a requirement on some of the contracts I work on, tbh though it pretty much just stays in the van hiding under mountains of rubbish and scrap lol

I bought a magnacleanse thinking it would be handy just to fit, leave system run for a while and all would be sorted but never worked like that. Use a fernox powerflush now in conjunction with it and does a great job

Anyone know where to get the powder from for flushing.
I have a microwhore system coming up for a new swap and want to try the power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse versus powerflush machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock