Search the forum,

Discuss Magnetic filter position in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I no a magnetic filter should be fitted on the return after the last return contaction to the boiler. However on a open vented system I could fit one in the cylinder cupboard. That would be after all the return connections for the central heating but the hot water primary return would be teed in after the filter close to the boiler. Would this take away the advantage of a filter totally?

As Scott says the corrosion is going to generate in the CH circuit, unlikely the HW coil so that sounds ok yes. Any doubts just check with the boiler manufacturer. They’ll have the last word ultimately.

This is what Adey recommend 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-023345.png
    Screenshot_20220317-023345.png
    256 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Magnetic filter position in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock