Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss making a waterproof access way in a tiled bath panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnst

I am redesigning my bathroom to include a bath and a separate 1200x900 shower tray (not a shower cubicle).
The 900 side of the tray will butt up to the long side of the bath.
There will be a screen along much of the 1200 side of the tray.
The shower head will be 1200 from the long side of the bath.
I'm not concerned about spray getting INTO the bath but am concerned that some spray may get ONTO THE TILED BATH PANEL and get onto the wooden floor.
I want to have an access panel so that if necessary a plumber can get access to the pipework under the bath.

Has anyone got ideas about how to make a waterproof access panel in a tiled bath panel.
What material would be best for the panel to be made of - if I'm going to have it tiled?
Thanks

We recently done the same and used waterproof backer board and filed on top of it makes the tiles more sturdy and made a break through board

On the frame of the bath panel we cut a piece of the backer board the size of a tile and it was screwed to the frame and a tile was put on the board so we know where the break through is so we only have to replace one tile if we need too

if your worried about a wet wooden floor, you need a complete shower surround, otherwise you need to treat the floor as if its a wet room, there is no middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to making a waterproof access way in a tiled bath panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock