Discuss Manned speed cameras in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Changed van early last year much quicker than old one! 2 tickets in 10 days both at 35 grrrr
Tho this summer out with wife on bikes (we are regular cyclists) went through a mobile speed trap at 37mph deep joy!

Get one them electric scooters, I was passed by one in 30mph zone and it was probably doing 50mph. You'll need a trailer to carry your gear obviously.

Seriously if you've been on those driver awareness courses then you know full well that survivability dramatically increases with impact speed below 35mph. It may feel like a racket to trap motorists at times but I suspect the mobile units are targeting particular road sections for reasons that aren't always apparent, at least I hope so.

Where they got me it's not pedestrian oriented, there aren't ever any. But I know what you mean by survivability, knocked off me bike when I was 16, luckily it was about 20mph no damage except sqiffy wheel and bruised ego 😀

Not read the previous messages - motorists are easy money, at least £100 a pop.... drug dealers and murderers and worse! don't bring in much cash.

Having said that I'm not advocating motoring offences at all.

I used to moan like fec about rozzers and camera etc etc but I have actually changed my mind , we have laws for reasons and its very easy to understand , if you step out of line and speed , you pay the consequences .
We all know what I will be posting tomorrow night now .

Sorry Town I have to disagree I am sick and tired of being expected to pay up and shut up but there's very little I can do that's the trouble opt to go to court and plead your case the penalties can and probably will be alot worse. it's a zero tolerance in Norfolk mate it's just the way they go about catching people is which I disagree with all of my misdemeanours have been as the limit changes from one speed limit to another and never more than the previous higher speed its fur kin sneaky mostly as I am slowing down honestly mate this last one was a real p- as take 1.30 pm on a bright sunny day hardly a car on the road 40 into a 30 and I really was driving like Miss Daisy I really thought I was within the limit so didn't even give it a second thought till the Constabulary sent me a request for a donation 😂 . Keep well mate kop

Sorry Town I have to disagree I am sick and tired of being expected to pay up and shut up but there's very little I can do that's the trouble opt to go to court and plead your case the penalties can and probably will be alot worse. it's a zero tolerance in Norfolk mate it's just the way they go about catching people is which I disagree with all of my misdemeanours have been as the limit changes from one speed limit to another and never more than the previous higher speed its fur kin sneaky mostly as I am slowing down honestly mate this last one was a real p- as take 1.30 pm on a bright sunny day hardly a car on the road 40 into a 30 and I really was driving like Miss Daisy I really thought I was within the limit so didn't even give it a second thought till the Constabulary sent me a request for a donation 😂 . Keep well mate kop
I wrote that 20 years ago mate , believe me .
if I get caught tomorrow doing 31 in a 30 , who is breaking the law ? , me , I know the limit was 30 , I go over the legal limit its me who's broken the law . Theres loads of y’s and wherefores but you cant argue with the above .
It does sound like they target motorists down there , they leave us alone up here because they are too busy chasing all the drug dealers ,murderers , car thief's and burglars .

I wrote that 20 years ago mate , believe me .
if I get caught tomorrow doing 31 in a 30 , who is breaking the law ? , me , I know the limit was 30 , I go over the legal limit its me who's broken the law . Theres loads of y’s and wherefores but you cant argue with the above .
It does sound like they target motorists down there , they leave us alone up here because they are too busy chasing all the drug dealers ,murderers , car thief's and burglars .
We have our fair share of them down here mate especially during the covid lock down , I just spoken to my nephew he goes around servicing and repairing body scanners in the south east 200 mile radius he uses the Waze app to notify you of em and find alternative routes he tells me it's been a god send so will be trying it this week . Cheers kop

We have our fair share of them down here mate especially during the covid lock down , I just spoken to my nephew he goes around servicing and repairing body scanners in the south east 200 mile radius he uses the Waze app to notify you of em and find alternative routes he tells me it's been a god send so will be trying it this week . Cheers kop
Waze it is then lol .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-212618.png
    Screenshot_20201018-212618.png
    301 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20201018-212717.png
    Screenshot_20201018-212717.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 13
Hold on am I missing something here. So a van sets up somewhere then after 4hrs moves to another location and an app knows where it has gone! How?

Hold on am I missing something here. So a van sets up somewhere then after 4hrs moves to another location and an app knows where it has gone! How?

Doesn't get a good write up.

I would imagine it feeds back through the app. Always chance you'll be the first through and unaware.

2nd best are the radar detectors.

Top prize is to stay at or under the speed limit 😉😉

I was on the M62, got done doing 68 in a 50.
It was literally 10 yards after the speed dropped from 70 to 50 I was busy reading the exit sign and missed the 50 sign.
Not had points for about 10 years, no speed awareness offered. Instant points and £100 fine.
It was about 2 miles before some roadworks that were unmanned.
That's 100% money making in my opinion, absolutely nothing to do with road safety..
I think the course limit is speed limit + 10% + 9mph.

Reply to Manned speed cameras in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back