Discuss Maxwell heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
We have just taken out the above boiler from a flat it heated 5 rads and a Genhill open vented cylinder with a DHW heat exchanger on the side on the cyninder. Problem is it is the boiler was a sealed system but the is no expansion vessel, do we need one on the new boiler it is a main 15hea heat only with no E/V we have reused the old PRV, we are very confused, do we need a e/v I say yes my partner says no as the was not one be for! Idears needed please

Yes you need a vessel on a sealed system. Are you sure the cylinder isn't some sort of thermal store though?

hi mike it is some sort of thermal store, but the heating side is pressurised that is what is throwing me

Do you know the model number/name of the Gledhill store? Or pictures.

Did the right thing to day phoned genhill, the expasion vessel is built in to the cylinder found it checked it was charged every thing OK now thanks to every one who looked and and Mike who made me think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Maxwell heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock