Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Megaflo baffle not covered under 25 year warranty ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customers 5 year old megaflo has a faulty baffle, it's dropped below the tpr hole & is stuck in that position.
Heatrae Sadia say that it's only the stainless cylinder thats guaranteed for 25 years and not any of the parts inside the cylinder.

Just wondered if any one has had a similar problem and did they get it sorted under warranty ?

Pfft, that's pretty bad... I would not recommend a Megaflo knowing this now!!

I suppose you can fit an external expansion tank still tho?

the megaflow was chosen in the first place due to lack of room to fit a vessel.

Should have gone oso if def needed internal bubble. Megaflo are pants. Overpriced garbage.

do you know if OSO cover the baffle under the warranty ?

No idea to be honest. I made the mistake of fitting a megaflo 8 years ago. Never fit one since.

Fitted a few plumb center ones, dont know who makes them, but they use heatrae immersions.

Fitted a few warmflow, but I dont like the fact that you need a compression fitting for every connection.

Now fitting rm stelflows, do what they say on the tin.

I've fitted quite a few rm's as well, only problem we've had is a couple of them had badly fitting outer shells. But all in all I'd say good value for money.

Won't be fitting another Megaflo after this !

Customers 5 year old megaflo has a faulty baffle, it's dropped below the tpr hole & is stuck in that position.
Heatrae Sadia say that it's only the stainless cylinder thats guaranteed for 25 years and not any of the parts inside the cylinder.

Just wondered if any one has had a similar problem and did they get it sorted under warranty ?

BLOD, Thats a load of ballcocks, Phone again and escalate the call to management, Get them to send a guy out and he will put in for a replacement...Trust Me

Went to various issues on a Megaflow direct cylinder, took lower immersion out (struggled) when I got a torch to look inside cylinder the baffle was sat in the bottom! It was 9 years old. I also recall on a previous visit(block of flats) there was another cylinder left out in the communal hall.

I've mainly fitted Gledhill.

Some of these posts are not exactly making great advertising for mega-flow are they regards Turnpin:punk:

It's all the same thing. But it's actually a saida. The part numbers are same the manuals are isentical and it's all supplied by BDR - who also own main.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo baffle not covered under 25 year warranty ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock