Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss meter box in wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaunsinky

whats everyones views on this?
i got called to do a service and found an external meter box which had been left in place when the house got some cladding.
the pipes are running down inside the cavity and into the property.
I have left it A.R. and told the guy to phone SGN (transco)
customer said its been like that for about 15 year

Attachments

• WP_20130906_001[1].jpg
    WP_20130906_001[1].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 83
  • WP_20130906_002[1].jpg
    WP_20130906_002[1].jpg
    95 KB · Views: 79
  • WP_20130906_003[1].jpg
    WP_20130906_003[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 77
It looks to me this is a wall mounted box, not a built in box.

Isn't it AR unsafe situations 5.11 and 3.1 but where is earth?

thanks for the replies folks, 1st time ive managed to get on the site to update.
customer did get SGN and they capped the supply.
customer is now pretty upset and is looking for someone to blame/sue, which is pretty understandable as he has a new condensing boiler so, whoever installed it should have picked that up, ant engineer thats done a tightness test or gas rate are also in the firing line.

report it to provider but doubt they will do anything about it but then they were the last to touch it .had similar with a meter box that was open backed into house young engineer said it was ok - called the job in again to them and an older guy failed it

report it to provider but doubt they will do anything about it but then they were the last to touch it .had similar with a meter box that was open backed into house young engineer said it was ok - called the job in again to them and an older guy failed it

you mean like this?IMG_0310.jpg thats the back of the cooker behind the meter

That's awesome! Bet kitchen was draughty ? Does cupboard door count as a door to outside for ventilation??

you mean like this?View attachment 15042 thats the back of the cooker behind the meter

It is actually ok if the cavity is fully sealed.
Lots of houses up my way built in the 60's 70's have the meters fitted in a cpd/compartment with a small glass door you can view the meter through from outside and a door inside to access it.
I've come across 2 where the meter was swapped and fitted the wrong way round.

Tamz, was at one today in livi, same as u say meter facing street access from cupboard door behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to meter box in wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all. I am in desperate need of a second opinion. I have two pipes (hot and cold water) that once ran down from the bathroom above and round...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock