Discuss Meter boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gotta run a new gas pipe from meter to inside house, question is can i comeout the back of the meter box using the spight obviously and then chase into the blockwork and down into the floor, not my prefered way i wanna come out the bottom of the box and in at floor level but what builder has asked. Thanks

i think your way is better surely the sleeve has to be visible both side if it goes thru wall

Yes,as long as the cavity is sleeved and sealed as appropriate.

In the unlikely even that the meterbox contains a medium pressure supply/metering then you cannot exit via the rear spigot and the spigot should be blanked off.

yes its fine, just ensure the builder encases the pipe in compo or board adhesive, or if its fully inside the blockwork you will need to cover it with a 1mm steel plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Meter boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thanks for taking a look at this. I currently have a massive condensation patch on the inside of my wall behind my gas meter (Pics...
Replies
Views
Back