Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Meter to close to fusebox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Gents , on a job at the moment meter is around 100 mm away from fuse box , obviously not ok , whats the crack as regards some seperation either plastic or timber.

Cheers in advance

Non flammable

Normally I use (can't think of the name) they use it for closure plates on the bottom of flues for solid fuel fires (white stuff like old ab)

Non flammable

Normally I use (can't think of the name) they use it for closure plates on the bottom of flues for solid fuel fires (white stuff like old ab)

Cheers Shaun , I have just thought of a piece of 6mm backerboard , was at a job last week and the smart meter boys had screwed a piece of thick transparent plastic around the fuses , quite thick stuff , but no idea where you get it .

Yea seen them and think you can only get them from the meter guys

Update on this one , the ECV on this was a git to get at and I dont think it had been turned off for 15 years or so on the last boiler swap , anyway today there was the faintest smell of gas , sniffer showed up a small leak on ECV , rings it in and I kid you not it 5 guys around 3 hours to change it , it was a git though .
Meters now far enough away , happy days.

What did they do just change the ecv or new supply ?

What did they do just change the ecv or new supply ?

Yep they changed the pipe in the wall as well , house was 40 year ish old, has had several boilers and the original ECV couldnt be turned off totaly ( I sawed 15 mm off the end before all this happened ) unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Meter to close to fusebox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock