Search the forum,

Discuss Mira event shower disaster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EdTurner

Hi,

I have a mira event shower (1999).

The other night all of a sudden the electric in the house went off. I traced this to the shower and once isolated the electric is fine.
I thought it might be the pcb and have just replaced it but there is no change, once the power is switched on to the shower it trips the whole house.

My first port of call would usually be to contact a local plumber but as I have been out of work for a few months this is not an option. The cost of the replacement pcb is going to hurt for a few weeks!

Any pointers would be very gratefully received.
My daughters cannot seems to exist without showering.

Just to add the bloody thing is leaking now! I am toast when they get back from school :(

Ed

Better of getting the shower replaced, 15 years is a good innings for a electric shower.

Yep, unfortunatley it is now at the point where you replace one thing and something else will fail until you reach the point of needing a new element or a part that is not made any more. New electric showers can be picked up for less than £100

Just trying to get the thing off now but I cannot get it free of the pipes.
I have the push fit removal too but it seems pretty useless.
I have to get something done tonight as we have no water and unless I can get it off the wall and seal the end of the pipes we cannot reconnect the water so the girls can have a bath (and I can have a cup of tea!)

I usually say 5-7 years is decent for an electric shower so you've done well with double that :)

I think that the event was a low voltage pumped mixer shower, not an electric shower. 15 years is still not bad, but thought I should mention is, as it might change some of the advice given. :)

Why on earth would you pay for a new PCB and fit it and lose the money when you could have paid nothing and had a plumber come out and say 'You need a new shower mate'.

I've never even heard of changing the board in an electric shower!!

Why on earth would you pay for a new PCB and fit it and lose the money when you could have paid nothing and had a plumber come out and say 'You need a new shower mate'.

I've never even heard of changing the board in an electric shower!!

See my post #5

shower.jpg

Is the Event tank fed? I know that Mira do one that pumps and heats. The event rings a bell.

Aye its the Elite, my bad. Getting my Elites and Events mixed up :)

You can buy a like for like replacement for buttons
all the mes are the same.

Dont fix it chuck it and replace - if you are not competant re
9kw and water and want your family safe then get an expert
3 hour job to get the replacement fit and check
then it depends on an experts rate

Football next

:bigcry:Centralheatking

The other night all of a sudden the electric in the house went off. I traced this to the shower and once isolated the electric is fine.
I thought it might be the pcb and have just replaced it but there is no change, once the power is switched on to the shower it trips the whole house.

My first port of call would usually be to contact a local plumber but as I have been out of work for a few months this is not an option. The cost of the replacement pcb is going to hurt for a few weeks!

Just to add the bloody thing is leaking now! I am toast when they get back from school :(

Ed[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy a like for like replacement for buttons
all the mes are the same.

Dont fix it chuck it and replace - if you are not competant re
9kw and water and want your family safe then get an expert
3 hour job to get the replacement fit and check
then it depends on an experts rate

Football next

:bigcry:Centralheatking

Ed
[/QUOTE]
It's not 9kw its a pumped mixer.

probably looks like this. The motor will be covered in carbon dust. Best replace with a new complete mira xs

I fixed a Mira Event shower several months ago for a friend. It is 20 years old!
I had actually replaced the motor/pump unit when the shower was 8 years old & had heavy use by a family. The 2 brushes in the motor wear out & the first time I just replaced whole motor unit as the brushes had worn away & the spring was stuck in the motor.
12 years later & it stopped & again the brushes were worn. Motor looked little wear, so I fitted new brushes (£20). Mira don't supply the brushes, but Showerdoc do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira event shower disaster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I want to install a Mira digital shower, Gravity fed system I have the correct shower, my cylinder is downstairs but I currently have an old type electric shower HOT and COLD fed from the loft on isolators . there's limited space in the attic to get to the tank but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I've just changed from a system boiler to a combi, and was told by the engineer that the current shower I have (Mira Event XS thermostatic) isn't compatible. Is it possible to have this one removed and an electric one installed?
Replies
Views
ChorleyChap
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock