Search the forum,

Discuss motorised valves prices? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what makes 2/3 ports are people using, i have always been a honeywell man, but after the prices of a 3 port have gone up again i was whinging in parts center and they told me that the center brand 3 ports are made by honeywell and are european spec without a removeable head. fitted one yesterday and was pritty good, time will tell on reliabilty.

what do you guys fit as i feel honeywell are pricing them selves out of sales with me :(

I would never fit a motorised valve without a removable head. Been a service Eng for too long and hate it when I come across the older honeywells that you can't remove the head from.

Ive used the Center brand ones and IMO they are mince. As simonjohns said I always try and fit a motorised valve with a removable head. I try and keep one or two of the common ones in my area. 4043H, Drayton (ACL) & Danfoss.

Honeywell if the customer will take the cost or Drayton otherwise. I gave salus a go as my merchants try to push them but not impressed with the quality (though had no problems yet!)

Honeywell for me, have tried the center ones but don't like the fact you can't swap the head (use an extra gate valve so don't have to drain down when it needs replacing), have had problems with salus in the past and also horstmann (yuck). There's a push at the minute on sauter valves and controls, apparently where commercial but have moved into the domestic market.

Danfoss, too many problems with the hsa3cd's on camray5's for my liking.

I have always been honeywell but the price is far too much can get a drayton for almost half the price.

My local merchant stocks tower valves which are meant to be inter changable with honeywell But I don like swapping the heads for another make and I installed 3 then 2 came back in with a buzzing sound when heating shuts off. So now gone back to drayton

local place sells the drayton heating control packs at a decent price i think ill try one of them next, people rate the drayton stuff? like i said i have always been very honeywell, but price is killing me!

I have always been honeywell but the price is far too much can get a drayton for almost half the price.

My local merchant stocks tower valves which are meant to be inter changable with honeywell But I don like swapping the heads for another make and I installed 3 then 2 came back in with a buzzing sound when heating shuts off. So now gone back to drayton

Avoid tower quality is v poor in my experience had a few fail within a couple of years

I agree with Roger.
Tower are poor relations to Honeywell IMO.

Tower are shockingly poor. Should stick to making kitchen appliances :)

Worst thing is they look the same as Honeywell many a time I have started replacing a syncron on one thinking it is worth saving only to notice late on its a tower and only worth chucking in the scrap pile.

Acl's (Drayton) Used them for 20 odd years. Good valves and under ÂŁ40.
Their S plan packs are good value at under ÂŁ100 for 2 x 2 ports, 2 x stats and a programmer.

Stay away from those PTS junk too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always pass on the price to the customer but explain that they have the right to choose. Most understand.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I use Iflo made on the same production line as Drayton never had a prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to motorised valves prices? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace a gate valve bypass. I'm happy its in the correct position & orientation, Its set to 0.2 bar. I don't believe we had this clunk last year. I suspect...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am replacing a 2 port z5 drayton valve with a 3 port mid position drayton. Can anyone please tell me what changes i have to make to the wiring. Another post suggested: 'you have to connect both white and grey wires to where the brown wire of the old head was connected' I have cocked up...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock