Discuss Multi meters-how much to spend for fault finding? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Going on a baxi course soon and will be learning how to correctly use multi meter.

Dont mind spending if I have to but do I have to spend £60-70 on one or will a cheap £20 one do the trick. I had one in the shed but think the rain got to it..it all looks ok but think it might need calibration. Is this easily done?

Get a cheap couple first as you'll probably blow them up.

Have a search on here, been a couple of threads about this.

Ive had a digital maester one that cost about £30 odd quid for years does everything i need for fault finding etc.

got a wickes special with nice big writing £19, and then bought another when first went wrong giving 440v readings on a gas valve!!
but then I changed the battery on the first and it started working correctly again:) now any issues and I get the other one out to make sure. remember tho always have some spare batteries, doh

Try to get one with temp diff on to measure flow and return:yesnod:

I don't use mine for fault finding on boilers, but for ordinary use, its worth paying a couple of quid for a continuity buzzer. Sometimes saves you going cross-eyed.

mylocalplumber, can you please give me some feedback on the baxi course as im considering going on a few soon

Cheers Pal

Thanks for all responses. Had a eureka moment when I realised I'd seen a multi meter in the shed left by previous owner. Is a Rish Multi 16s so not sure if any good but it's working..has TRMS which I've heard is good. Will leave feedback regarding baxi course.

I went on a baxi day the other week, the trainer stressed to me splashing out on a good multimeter. He recommended a Fluke to me as it lasts for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi meters-how much to spend for fault finding? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock