Search the forum,

Discuss My first cylinder install with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Jay used to sweat about simple things. My my look at him now!
:) The world is your oyster m8.
Haha I know mate.. how funny!! Who’d have thought the guy who’d pooh his pants over nothing is now doing stuff like this! I wouldn’t be here without you guys, you’re my lifeline!!!!

Ex vessels were always piped out of the inlet control set , but as the years have gone by , tee-ing into cold feed is the done thing

Not bad for your first one bud few errors but overall a tidy job your gonna struggle lagging your pipework ,next time space your pipes off the wall a bit and a little further apart . cheers kop

Not bad for your first one bud few errors but overall a tidy job your gonna struggle lagging your pipework ,next time space your pipes off the wall a bit and a little further apart . cheers kop
What errors can you see kop? Other than the discharge which I sorted today.

Out of curiosity, roughly what would you guys charge (labour only) to fit a system like this.. all new heating and cold/hot water pipework throughout, 10 rads, boiler/cylinder and all controls and new gas run, about 16 meters.

About 6k

Around 10k with materials

What did you quote?
Originally 4.5 inc parts, parts increased to 3.5 so 5.5.. can’t exactly now say I want more for labour.. POOH!!! I was gonna charge her a day rate for my 12 days which will come to 3k.. GUTTED!

Just under 150 a day for London jay is too cheap

Would say min £300 for a day in London area but I can't say as I don't do anything / price for anything there

Wasn't too far off stabbing the parts at 4K :D

Just under 150 a day for London jay is too cheap
Day rate is £250 for plumbing, £350 for gas.. I’ll just have to put this one down to experience and move on!! If I can...:eek:

Day rate is £250 for plumbing, £350 for gas.. I’ll just have to put this one down to experience and move on!! If I can...:eek:

Anything like you've just done with both bits (plumbing and gas ) half / middle your charges

So your day rate for a job like you've just done £300 etc

Anything like you've just done with both bits (plumbing and gas ) half / middle your charges

So your day rate for a job like you've just done £300 etc
I think I’ll just have to say it took longer than expected and charge £300 a day, don’t want to completely lose out here!!

I think I’ll just have to say it took longer than expected and charge £300 a day, don’t want to completely lose out here!!

Did you quote for wiring it up ?

Did you quote for wiring it up ?
Lol no.. I just thought that’s a part of it all. I just looked at my original quote and I said I based my quote on 6 days work which may extend and materials may also increase so that’s good!! Thank %#^* I said that!! Phew how I thought I’d get that done in 6 days is beyond me!!!

Would add a bit on that to even it out etc

Could loose £600 on electrics

And pays to have a good set of t and c

Also your lab would of been right if it was 6 days just over 300 a day

Would add a bit on that to even it out etc

Could loose £600 on electrics

And pays to have a good set of t and c
Yeah I need to sort that out ASAP!! You charge £600 to wire it up?? No wonder I’m skint lol

Yeah I need to sort that out ASAP!! You charge £600 to wire it up?? No wonder I’m skint lol

On a full system yes day to day and a bit and materials

Want me to break one of our quotes down for you ?

Cheers Shaun, much appreciated!! If I’m ever up in Wales I’ll shout you a few beers ;)

:D one rule what happens in wales stays in wales (applys to sheep riding also) :D

Out of curiosity, roughly what would you guys charge (labour only) to fit a system like this.. all new heating and cold/hot water pipework throughout, 10 rads, boiler/cylinder and all controls and new gas run, about 16 meters.
Is it empty?

Repipe hot and cold to all bathrooms, ensuite and WC?

Edit due to spellings
Have fed hot/cold and heating pipework through to bathroom which I’m also doing separately. Loft bathroom already done by a loft firm, I just had to connect it by cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My first cylinder install with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock