Discuss My first cylinder install with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't too far off stabbing the parts at 4K :D

Just under 150 a day for London jay is too cheap
Day rate is £250 for plumbing, £350 for gas.. I’ll just have to put this one down to experience and move on!! If I can...:eek:

Day rate is £250 for plumbing, £350 for gas.. I’ll just have to put this one down to experience and move on!! If I can...:eek:

Anything like you've just done with both bits (plumbing and gas ) half / middle your charges

So your day rate for a job like you've just done £300 etc

Anything like you've just done with both bits (plumbing and gas ) half / middle your charges

So your day rate for a job like you've just done £300 etc
I think I’ll just have to say it took longer than expected and charge £300 a day, don’t want to completely lose out here!!

I think I’ll just have to say it took longer than expected and charge £300 a day, don’t want to completely lose out here!!

Did you quote for wiring it up ?

Did you quote for wiring it up ?
Lol no.. I just thought that’s a part of it all. I just looked at my original quote and I said I based my quote on 6 days work which may extend and materials may also increase so that’s good!! Thank %#^* I said that!! Phew how I thought I’d get that done in 6 days is beyond me!!!

Would add a bit on that to even it out etc

Could loose £600 on electrics

And pays to have a good set of t and c

Also your lab would of been right if it was 6 days just over 300 a day

Would add a bit on that to even it out etc

Could loose £600 on electrics

And pays to have a good set of t and c
Yeah I need to sort that out ASAP!! You charge £600 to wire it up?? No wonder I’m skint lol

Yeah I need to sort that out ASAP!! You charge £600 to wire it up?? No wonder I’m skint lol

On a full system yes day to day and a bit and materials

Want me to break one of our quotes down for you ?

Cheers Shaun, much appreciated!! If I’m ever up in Wales I’ll shout you a few beers ;)

:D one rule what happens in wales stays in wales (applys to sheep riding also) :D

Out of curiosity, roughly what would you guys charge (labour only) to fit a system like this.. all new heating and cold/hot water pipework throughout, 10 rads, boiler/cylinder and all controls and new gas run, about 16 meters.
Is it empty?

Repipe hot and cold to all bathrooms, ensuite and WC?

Edit due to spellings
Have fed hot/cold and heating pipework through to bathroom which I’m also doing separately. Loft bathroom already done by a loft firm, I just had to connect it by cylinder.

To be honest mate. I know blokes that would charge 2.5k and 4.5k. I like to do a good job at a fair price. Bound to get more work out of it if you stay reasonable.
Yeah I guess.. don’t wanna undersell myself though.. there’s reasonable and then there’s cheap! I’d rather be slightly expensive than slightly cheap, people’s perception of cheap isn’t positive!

Not gonna shoot you down jay overall a decent job mate , myself and the guys have given their opions . all the best kop

Last edited:
To be honest mate. I know blokes that would charge 2.5k and 4.5k. I like to do a good job at a fair price. Bound to get more work out of it if you stay reasonable.

yea they would be in and out within 3-4 days tho

Vessels are to high bud you cant access the schrader valves, pipe spacing is to tight for lagging , discharges which you sorted ?, your soldered joints need wipeing and cleaning up but i am being picky all the best kop

as you need to drop them onto the brackets yes there would

Vessels are to high bud you cant access the schrader valves, pipe spacing is to tight for lagging , discharges which you sorted ?, your soldered joints need wipeing and cleaning up but i am being picky all the best kop
Vessel schrader valves are accessible, angle of photo is misleading; unless pipes are in an external location or loft I don’t lag pipework, and I can’t see any green on my joints.. there was a bit on the hot outlet immediately as it left the cylinder which I cleaned off today though :D.. so not necessarily mistakes :)

Nice piece of work, can only agree with the portfolio ... I would have put some lever valves on the automatic air vents as they are leaking quite often. Did you actually put a scale reducer in ? What about insulation ?

Nice piece of work, can only agree with the portfolio . I would have put some lever valves on the automatic air vents as they are leaking quite often. Did you actually put a scale reducer in ? What about insulation ?
Scale reducer on the cold inlet? Nope.. didn’t think of that to be honest.. Agreed with the vents but with the pump valves and the filter valves you can isolate the boiler AAV’s - the cylinders ones.. will just have to do it live.. not a biggie to do live to be honest, just snatch it with a towel underneath :D

I also think scale reducer is in the g3 regs ...but I was wrong before.

I don’t want to put you down I guess neither of us.
For me well done job and hoping more to come for you.
I’ll have to check out the regs .. can’t see it being mandatory as scale is dependent on where you live

It's in the regs for g3

tue also valid for vented cylinders but how many insulated them :D

also isnt it just for the first meter ?

I also think scale reducer is in the g3 regs ...but I was wrong before.

I don’t want to put you down I guess neither of us.
For me well done job and hoping more to come for you.

not true totally also a scale reducer wont work for an unvented cylinder you would need a softener

tue also valid for vented cylinders but how many insulated them :D

also isnt it just for the first meter ?
I think it worded funnily
First meter or where it disappears into the fabric of the building

Have the G3 regs been updated in the last 3 years?? As when I got my G3 ticket I dont remember seeing anything about a scale filter.. I’ll have to download the latest guide

I think scale protection would be covered in the MIs
I would have thought so.. nothing was mentioned in the MI’s for this cylinder.. and the Center brand are made by heatrae sadia

I would have thought so.. nothing was mentioned in the MI’s for this cylinder.. and the Center brand are made by heatrae sadia

price wise jay?

not true totally also a scale reducer wont work for an unvented cylinder you would need a softener
THATS why benchmarks is asking for it :) I guess if you are in a hard water area above 200 you require one that’s what benchmark says ... can’t remember 100% but you definitely have to fit one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My first cylinder install with boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hi Can you help me determine if my new Navien lcb700 lsx is working as expected? I got the Navien oil boiler installed to replaced an old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm due to install my first unvented cylinder. (I've had my unvented ticket for several years, but not actually done a brand new unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock