Search the forum,

Discuss Mystery pipe size?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SJB

Right, leaking CH return pipe today,in the bathroom floor combi boiler in bathroom cupboard, lifted boards, looked like 28mm copper, cut it out with recip saw as it was too tight for a slice, pipe was slightly too big for end feed coupler to go on.

took it to local pipecentre, bloke in there said it looked like 1 1/8" refrigeration pipe but put a fitting on and it wobbled, had a whirl at soldering up and building the lead solder up but no joy it absolutely piddled out.

Had to call it a day as it was after 6 and all merchants shut so had to leave customer with no boiler for the night and going back tomorrow first thing. any ideas what size it is or any suggestion as to what sorcery will get me onto normal size water pipe, got to be end feed as well as space in the notch is tight.

If needs be I'll take it all for the tat bag and repipe the return back to the boiler in 22 but i still need to get onto it properly

Old one inch copper. Knock a 28mm compression fitting on with a hammer and tighten.

I bloody said that in the merchants he said old inch was smaller than 28 not bigger. In fact I specifically went in there and asked for an inch to 28 coupler.

Grrrr, first time in ten years I've come across imperial inch, especially strange in a two bed semi.

Force your 28 slice on too, it will work, done it hundreds of times and it gives a rounded edge to get the fitting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery pipe size?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently that when the CH has been turned off that a couple of the rads closest to the boiler were slightly warm. When the boiler had demand to heat the DHW I...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello! Advice required, please. Trying to understand implications of pipe size, length of run, and number of junctions etc. en route between the incoming water feed to the Combi-boiler. For various reasons it is difficult to get from stopcock to boiler without taking indirect route back across...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock