Discuss Need Advice about Boiler and Central Heating Repair Please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Tbh next step is to remove the rad and check you have flow from each valve etc

It’s 10mm but it’s fine most new builds are small pipes than 10mm copper eg 10mm plastic which is around 6-7mm dia

Ideally 15mm all the way but it’s an existing heating system that was working

As Shaun said, close all rads, leave one open. Take trv head off and use a pair of grips to pull out/push in the pin a few times to free up any Rubbish.
Then close the lockshield valve on same rad. Put a rubble sack (something to catch water under the trv to rad connection and loosen the nut a bit (not fully) until water starts to flow out. Keep it flowing until it gets warm (keep someone else topping the pressure up as needed). Then close trv and do it to other side until both flow and return are warm.

Then open both valves/bleed and rad should work.

I never use leak sealer but it has been know to gum up valves.

Yes very good keep it going / leave it as is try bleeding the rad to see if there’s any air there etc
I've been out for a few hours and returned to find the rad without TRV which I left on now has a warm pipe under where the TRV should be and the rad with a TRV which is on is actually luke warm. This looks like progress. Shall I just leave things as they are for a while?

Reply to Need Advice about Boiler and Central Heating Repair Please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock