Search the forum,

Discuss Neighbour's Ideal PRT4 boiler controller overides mine. What can I do? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Chasuck

I have an Ideal PRT4 boiler controller which is being overridden by the neighbour's controller of the same make - comes on at 5 am. What can I do?

I've been monitoring it for 14 months since I realised they only use shower when my family members do . I only turn the water off at stop tap for half an hour when I get fed up of the constant pipe bumping. if they had their own hot water it'd just switch on and they would not have to keep trying the taps ,would they. It always magically works and the pipe bumping stops when my hot water setting is on. I do remember my landlord telling me " the meter and boiler must stay on at all times " when I went to switch off the gas at meter but I put it down to him not realising it is automatic and will switch on when there's gas available or old fashioned sexism , thinking women don't understand the workings. I've had a gas engineer in who witnessed what I described but the pipe can't be followed properly because it's buried in the concrete of the cellar steps so I'm forced to turn the water pressure low and run the sink taps to stop them mooching while my family are in shower ( not enough water for both that way) and they had the cheek to come outside and shout stop messing with the water! I will not repeat my response.

Reply to Neighbour's Ideal PRT4 boiler controller overides mine. What can I do? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock